Gracehill Village Environmental Association
This is a group of volunteers who help improve the environment of the village. Their work includes:-
- Organising the Christmas Tree and lights in the village
- Christmas Tree lights community event in association with the Primary School
- Cleaning, tidying, planting and weeding, painting and repairs as appropriate
- Watering duties for summer flower displays (water bowser acquired in 2017)
- Village clean-ups before major events; assistance at these events
- Organising regular work parties to undertake these duties – The Tuesday Club
The Association would like to thank Mid & East Antrim Borough Council for their ongoing support.
The Village Association is managed by a Committee comprising members of the Moravian Church, Gracehill Old School Trust and local residents. New members and volunteers are always welcome.
The Village Association also runs the Tuesday Club in the Spring and Summer months. Volunteers assemble on Tuesday mornings and work for one hour (at least!) to improve the village environment. This includes cleaning, tidying, gardening, painting and developing new flower beds for the residents and visitors to enjoy. This work is carried out in addition to the support we receive from Ballymena Borough Council in improving the environment of Gracehill.